HOW TO CLEAN THE FRIDGE AND THE FREEZER
Spring cleaning continues, today we see how to clean the fridge and the freezer. Indispensable among the kitchen appliances, are those that we open more often: with joy we take ice cream for our son, a cold tea for a friend, a drink to quench our thirst and, several times a day, the foods we want to eat.
Keeping them clean and sanitized is fundamental to our and our family’s health. To function properly and last longer, you need to clean them often and with care, but also with ease. Let’s find out how to clean the fridge and the freezer …
- Empty the fridge and freezer completely.
- Pass the inner surfaces with water and vinegar (or sodium bicarbonate) or alternatively you can use detergents provided they are not abrasive, better if they do not generate foam, so as to facilitate rinsing.
- For a thorough cleaning remove the shelves and accessories if possible so as to reach all the interstices.
- Place a towel on the bottom of the refrigerator to collect the water that drips while washing.
- Special attention to the gaskets: wash them and then pass them with talcum powder or oil. For the freezer to defrost it using the special plastic spatula, never use blades or steel tools; the detergent will be the same as the refrigerator, the important thing is to dry the inside very well
- In holiday homes, which remain closed for a while, remember to leave the refrigerator doors open, after having turned it off and clean, to prevent the formation of mold and unpleasant odors.
HOW TO DEFROST THE FRIDGE AND FREEZER
Removing frost from the refrigerator is an operation that must be carried out at least once a year to prolong the longevity of the appliance.
Here are some simple steps to follow to make the job take much less time and effort than you might think …
- First you have to empty the fridge, putting the contents in thermal bags. Once this is done, we disconnect the power socket, in order to avoid unnecessary risks when the ice melts.
- At this point we remove the various shelves and drawers inside and place them in the sink.
- After that we place the basins full of hot water inside the appliance, in this way we accelerate the defrosting process.
- Let’s not forget to spread rags on the floor to absorb the water that will form in the meantime.
- Once all these operations are done, to finish, remove the ice and excess frost with a plastic spatula and dry well.
HOW TO REPLACE THE REFRIGERATOR GASKET
Which household appliance is used as frequently as the refrigerator? No, home appliance is opened and closed more often than him. By doing this movement, it may happen that the door seal on your refrigerator gets damaged and no longer grips. How to replace the refrigerator seal? Operation necessary and essential, (it is important that it is at maximum efficiency, both for the performance it offers and for the consumption it produces) that can be carried out without the help of an expert.
HOW TO REMOVE THE BAD SMELL FROM THE REFRIGERATOR
A common problem that afflicts so many housewives is the bad smell coming from the refrigerator. How many times has it happened to have cooked something particularly “odorous” (fish, cauliflower, etc …) and to have heard this “pleasant smell” for days? Let’s see together some methods to keep the fragrant fridge. Obviously it is possible to prevent: weekly it would be a good idea to clean the whole gasket with a cloth and warm water and occasionally with a solution of water and vinegar. Older or poorly maintained seals may show traces of mold. In this case we can spray along the seal, the same solution but with a higher concentration of vinegar, if the problem persists, we use a solution with 100% vinegar.
HOW TO ORGANIZE THE REFRIGERATOR
Often the chaos that reigns in our refrigerator does not allow us to have a clear and precise situation of what we have. How to organize the refrigerator? Just place the foods in the various compartments correctly. For this it is good to put milk and cream on the high shelves, fresh cheeses on the middle shelf and the vegetables should be cleaned, let dry well and placed in the bottom drawer. Simple, almost trivial measures that will save money and keep food for longer.